HOW TO GET WORK PERMIT FOR FOREIGN EMPLOYEES IN VIETNAM
Updated: Sep 25, 2019
I. CONDITIONS FOR ISSUING WORK PERMIT:
Pursuant to Article 169 of Vietnam Labor Law, Article 9 of Decree No. 11/2016/ND-CP dated 3 February 2016, foreign labors desiring to work in Vietnam have to meet all conditions as follows:
1. Having full civil act capacity in accordance with Vietnamese law:
Civil act capacities of foreigners are their capacities to establish and exercise civil rights and perform civil obligations by their acts. Foreigners must be adults who have full civil act capacities, except for the cases provided in Article 22 and 23 of Civil Code.
2. Having health appropriate to the work requirement:
Requiring to have Health certificate or medical examination issued by competent health organizations, agencies in Vietnam or foreign countries.
3. Having technical and professional qualifications and skills appropriate to the work requirement:
Being a manager, chief executive officer, expert or technician.
4. Being not a criminal or liable to criminal prosecution in accordance with the law of Vietnam and the law of other foreign country.
5. Being approved in writing by a competent state authority regarding the employment of Employees.
Organizations/Enterprises who use foreign labors shall explain their foreign labor use demands in writing and obtain written approval from competent authorities.
II. DOCUMENTS TO BE PROVIDED:
1. The written request for issuance of Work permit made by the Employer;
2. Health certificate or medical examination issued by competent health organizations, agencies in Vietnam or foreign countries (is valid within 12 months);
3. Criminal record of foreign Employee issued in foreign countries or in Vietnam;
4. Written approval for the position using foreign Employee;
5. Copy of passport and visa of foreign Employee;
6. Written document certified that the Employee is a manager, chief executive officer, expert or technician;
7. 02 color photos (4cm x 6cm) taken within 06 months of the date submitting the dossier.
III. WORK PERMIT SERVICE WE PROVIDE:
1. Evaluation of dossiers and advice on applicable options/solutions:
To study the case and evaluate the ability of meeting conditions under Laws of Vietnam;
To consult on the options and applicable solutions among options/ solutions that are allowed under the Laws of Vietnam to meet Client’s needs.
2. Preparation of dossier and implement of administrative procedures:
To collect informations and documents, and prepare for applications in accordance with the law according to each type of procedure;
To submit application to competent authorities;
To represent Clients to work with the competent state authorities and third parties relating to the procedures until receiving results;
To transfer the results to Clients.
For further details on our legal services or advice on work permit, kindly contact LAWLINK VIETNAM via our website: lawlinkvn.com or via email: email@example.com; or hotline: +84 908 10 77 88.